Fail to build hello.exe sample on NetBSD for BSP MIPS jmr3904.

Joel Sherrill Joel.Sherrill at OARcorp.com
Tue Aug 27 19:27:01 UTC 2013

Don't forget how much Newlib changes to be tailored for RTEMS instead of bare hardware. It changes a number of subtle things due to the __rtems__ CPP predefine and adaptation to the RTEMS system calls and support.

Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

I guess it would be more accurate to say that RTEMS-GCC have
inter-dependencies in some cases. You might be able to use another
compiler without tweaking it for RTEMS, especially if you only care
about using C. Compilers that inject thread-based code, such as for
language runtime support e.g. Ada or C++, will likely need to
cooperate with RTEMS to manage the threads. I think one could probably
configure the compiler to use pthreads, and the result might "just
work" if the pthread interface is compatible between the compiler and
RTEMS.

Most of the RTEMS specific support in gcc is to map thread functions
between the two. (Which is probably why the original poster had
undefined posix errors, if libgcc used pthreads instead of RTEMS
threads.)

-Gedare