wrong input format was Re: Compiling Rtems by another compiler

Sat Aug 10 19:35:31 UTC 2013

On 8/10/2013 1:59 PM, Ehsan Salmanpour wrote:
> I don't need to compile with this compiler. As I said before I want to
> compile RTEMS for arm7 that can be simulated in SimpleScalar. when I
> use the original compiler of RTEMS (as mentioned in Docs) the
> SimpleScaler does NOT recognize the binary of the output.

This is what objcopy is for. What format does SimpleScalar
want the executable in?

If you can't answer that directly, how is one of their examples
or another program compiled and linked and prepared for
execution?

This is a common issue in embedded  systems. The loader
on the target generally wants something special that is
not the direct output of ld.

--joel