Error while building gcc for toolset for RTEMS

manish jain manish8886 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 11:22:03 UTC 2013

Hi,
I just started working on RTEMS development adn trying to build it. Before
building the RTEMS I am first building the required toolset. My host is
ubuntu so I am building everything from source code. I have been able to
build autoconf,automake,binutils,mps,gmp,mpfr successfully. But when I am
building the gcc for target as sparc I am getting the following error:

*configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
See `config.log' for more details.
make[1]: *** [configure-target-libgcc] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/manish/tools/b-gcc'
*
Can anybody tell me the source of this problem? I am using gcc-4.7.2 and
attaching the "config.log" with this mail.

Thanks
Manish