Building RTEMS i386 simulation environment based on Grub2 and QEMU

jinyang.sia at gmail.com jinyang.sia at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 06:52:22 UTC 2013

Hi, all
I just build a i386 simulation environment based on Grub2 and QEMU, maybe you can try this if like.

http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Building_Grub

The new one is on section 'Grub2', the previous one alse reserved.

The original one is based on Grub legacy. However most Linux distributions have updated to Grub2. We should compile the grub legacy and also get some bugs if we use the previous method.

I have test it on Ubuntu-13.04 platform without 'kpartk' software. I hope it works on other platforms. If any bugs occur when you try this on your platform, please feel free to let me know. I will try to figure it out.

Thanks,
Jin Yang

jinyang.sia at gmail.com