issue qemu command "system_reset"

蒋明建 hotkernel at 163.com
Mon Sep 9 15:06:09 UTC 2013

 Hi all,

During I debugging the RTEMS with QEMU, if I issue the command "system_reset", the QEMU quit.
The steps like this:

    cd ~/development/rtems/4.11/qemu-img
    source run-qemu.sh

    /***************** run-qemu.sh looks like this ************/
    #!/bin/sh
    qemu -m 128 \
    -boot a \
    -fda rtems-boot.img \
    -hda hda.img \
    -hdb fat:.    \
    -serial stdio \
    -no-reboot \
    -s
    /******************************************************************/

    grub>
    set root=(hd1,0)
    multiboot (hd1,0)/hello.exe
    boot

    ddd --debugger i386-rtems4.11-gdb hello.exe
    console
    (gdb)
    target remote localhost:1234
    break     bootcard.c : boot_card

    // the above step seems all OK, I can debug it step by step, but I can't see how the function bootcard.c : boot_card() executing process
    // I want to reboot the program and let the code run into boot_card()

   ctrl-alt-2                   // enter into qemu command line
   (qemu)> system_reset

   // after  I execute the system_reset command, the qemu quit, and the gdb disconnect

Could you tell me how I can enter into the function boot_card() and debug it step by step with qemu ?

 Regards,
 Jeremy