Priority level for combining native task and pthread.

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Wed Dec 24 16:05:39 UTC 2014

For anything POSIX you may consult the standards documents, for
example: http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/V2_chap02.html#tag_15_08_04_01

The short answer is that priorities are inverted--1 is the lowest, 255
the highest. Internally, all priorities are remapped, For pthreads,
this is remapped_prio = 256 - prio;

You can mix threads with priority assigned by different APIs. The
internal remapping will assign them to priority lists accordingly.

-Gedare