RTEMS available tasks

Andre Marques andre.lousa.marques at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 13:29:30 UTC 2014

On 01/29/14 07:03, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 2014-01-28 19:46, Andre Marques wrote:

>>> Which Qemu version do you use?  I normally use the latest Git version.
>>>
>>> If you omit the -nographic option, then you need "-serial stdio".
>>>
>>> The output appears on the terminal running Qemu (not the GDB terminal).
>>>
>> I'm using Qemu 1.5.3 from the Gentoo repositories.  It runs the
>> program (passed
>> with -kernel), then stays with "Any key to reboot...". Meanwhile I
>> can connect
>> to Qemu with gdb, load some other program and then Qemu shows
>> nothing, just
>> waits again.
>>
>> I'm using:
>>
>> qemu-system-i386 -m 256M -kernel hello.exe -s -serial stdio
>
> I doubt this will work on i386 Qemu.  Here you need a boot loader,
> e.g. GRUB. That is one of reasons I don't use the i386 Qemu.  I would
> use the arm/realview_pbx_a9_qemu BSP with the latest Git version of Qemu.

With

qemu-system-i386 -kernel <program>.exe -no-reboot

  it runs the program, gives the output just fine and exits (as the
pc386 script, just on a GUI), the problem only starts if I try to debug
with gdb and load several programs on the same Qemu run.

For pc386 I could only have output with the GUI interface, with
-nographic I had no luck.

About GRUB I also tried it but I think It's more work when the command
above does the same. On the wiki there is no mention for the need to
change the (hd#) numbers on the grub.conf which causes the grub shell to
appear instead of the boot menu, and also doesn't mention the option above.

How can I add a note on the wiki?

About debugging I hadn't much luck with pc386, so I followed your
suggestion and installed Qemu from the latest Git and tested it with
arm/realview-pbx-a9 BSP.

Two issues there:

- The loaded program never stops running;
- I can't load another program on the same Qemu run with GDB, It always
runs the program loaded initially (this also happened on pc386, so it
must be something on GDB).

I'm running GDB like this:

tar remote :1234
load
continue (have to do Ctrl-c, because it doesn't stop running after this)

To load another program:
monitor system_reset
load
continue (just resumes the initially loaded program instead)

Thanks for the help so far Sebastian.