Creating a new BSP

Steven Grunza steven.grunza at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 19:23:55 UTC 2014

Can I create a new BSP by copying a very similar BSP (such as stm32f4) and
then adding the new directory to the acinclude.m4 file
in c/src/lib/libbsp/arm, then running bootstrap from the top level
directory?

As far as I can remember this is the procedure I used to create a BSP for
the STM32F3Discovery board; however, now that I need to use a
STM32F4Discovery (with really different pinouts than the current BSP) I'm
having trouble getting the system to configure.  My configure output ends
with ...

checking whether gmake sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether gmake supports nested variables... yes
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... yes
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating Makefile

My STM32F3Discovery configuration output ends with ...

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile

target architecture: arm.
available BSPs: stm32f3.
'gmake all' will build the following BSPs: stm32f3.
other BSPs can be built with 'gmake RTEMS_BSP="bsp1 bsp2 ..."'

config.status: creating Makefile

My best guess is that I've forgotten to update a file but I haven't been
able to figure out which file.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My development system is Fedora 20, I'm using recent "arm-rtems4.11-xxx"
tools from yum and my source code is from GIT HEAD (albeit a while ago).

My configuration commands are:

../rtems/configure --prefix=/home/rtems/rtems-411 --target=arm-rtems4.11
--enable-posix --enable-networking --enable-cxx --enable-maintainer-mode
--enable-rtemsbsp="stm32f3"

../rtems/configure --prefix=/home/rtems/rtems-411 --target=arm-rtems4.11
--enable-posix --enable-networking --enable-cxx --enable-maintainer-mode
--enable-rtemsbsp="m4robot"

Steven G.