Does anyone can compiler gdb with Python/Guile support on OSX?

Mr. Andrei Chichak groups at chichak.ca
Thu Apr 23 17:44:51 UTC 2015

Which version of OSX are you using (probably doesn’t matter) and when did you update python? (don’t bother answering this yet)

My installation (using Yosemite) was broken at exactly the same point. It ended up being a bad installation of python.

I worked with Chris on this and here are the final notes:

> I’m not sure how my Python install got so messed up. My laptop is going
> on 7 years old now and has been through a lot of msys and Microchip PIC
> development crap.
>
> /usr/bin/python is missing, so the original Apple install was superseded
> somewhere along the way, which is strange since I don’t even experiment
> with python.
>
> I found a website that explains how to stitch in the python.org
> <http://python.org> installs so that it looks like Apple’s way of doing
> things. <later> Well, that didn’t work.
>
> Next, reinstall the operating system.
>
> <later> Yes, that worked. Reinstalling Yosemite rolled Python back to
> 2.7.6 and the script completed.

The script is expecting python to be in the position that Apple put it. If you grab a different version of python, the script is broken.

Andrei