Does anyone can compiler gdb with Python/Guile support on OSX?

Albert Huang alberthuang314 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 13:56:52 UTC 2015

Hi, Andrei,

Thanks for the hint. The OSX version is Yosemite, and I installed Python
by MacPorts with Python 2.7 and Python 3.4. After seeing your post, I
realized potential problem might be the python used with gdb. On my
machine, built-in python and MacPorts python exist at the same time. I
tried to compile gdb with the built-in version of Python, and it works!

This is how I did it, first I modified the file
rtems-source-builder/source-builder/config/gdb-7-1.cfg
change the line:
    %{!?without_python:--with-python} \
to:
    %{!?without_python:--with-python=/usr/bin/python} \

$ cd rtems
$ ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --log=build-log.txt 4.11/rtems-arm

It works with both rtems-source-builer v0.3.0 and v0.5.0. Thank you very
much for the hint again!

Albert