Does anyone can compiler gdb with Python/Guile support on OSX?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Apr 26 22:49:37 UTC 2015

On 26/04/2015 11:56 pm, Albert Huang wrote:

> Thanks for the hint. The OSX version is Yosemite, and I installed Python
> by MacPorts with Python 2.7 and Python 3.4. After seeing your post, I
> realized potential problem might be the python used with gdb. On my
> machine, built-in python and MacPorts python exist at the same time.

I do not install MacPorts, HomeBrew or any other 3rd party packaging
systems on MacOS because they complicate the build to a point I would
never know which part of which package is breaking the build or worse
which part is making it work.

> tried to compile gdb with the built-in version of Python, and it works!
>
> This is how I did it, first I modified the file
> rtems-source-builder/source-builder/config/gdb-7-1.cfg
> change the line:
>     %{!?without_python:--with-python} \
> to:
>     %{!?without_python:--with-python=/usr/bin/python} \

I have made a change recently to better handle --with*/--without* and I
have not made the change in the gdb-7-1.cfg file to pick it up. The idea
is to allow you to add '--with-python=/usr/bin/python' on the RSB
command line avoiding the need to edit the configuration file.

> $ cd rtems
> $ ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --log=build-log.txt 4.11/rtems-arm
>
> It works with both rtems-source-builer v0.3.0 and v0.5.0. Thank you very
> much for the hint again!

Good to know.

Chris