RTEMS / EtherCAT, both master and slave?

Thomas Dörfler thomas.doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Fri Dec 18 09:04:34 UTC 2015

Hello Peter,

some days ago I had contact with Peter Widemann from acontis. He told me
that his company has successfully ported their EtherCAT master software
stack to RTEMS, currently based on a x86 architecture. So maybe you want
to contact him directly? I will send you his contact as PM.

wkr,

Thomas.

Am 17.12.2015 um 23:00 schrieb Peter Dufault:
> Does anyone have experience with implementing an EtherCAT master with RTEMS?  That appears to be straight-forward, has anyone already done it?
>
> Does anyone know how difficult it would be to implement a generic EtherCAT slave on RTEMS on a selected processor?  For example, if I used  a TI “Sitara” processor specifically an AM4377 would it be possible to hook into the firmware TI provides for the PRU?  The licenses for the slave require a royalty.
>
> Peter

embedded brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler
Dornierstr. 4