RTEMS for QorIQ T2080rdb

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Feb 26 09:17:11 UTC 2015

Hello Richard,

On 25/02/15 14:07, Prokesch Richard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to RTEMS and for a start I compiled the tool chain (using rtems source builder) and RTEMS for the i386 Target on Linux host.
> That worked all fine. I was able to start the hello.exe in Qemu.
>
> I discovered recently that a RTEMS BSP for T2080rdb does exist in git-repository.
> So I wanted to try RTEMS it on my T2080rdb.
> I compiled the tool chain using rtems source builder for PowerPC target. That worked without any problems.
>
> When I tried to compile RTEMS for T2080rdb I had to disable Altivec in order to get it compiled without linking errors.
> I set the CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET  environment variable by using the following command line :
> export  CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET="-mno-altivec"

sorry, I forgot to add the patches to the RSB. Please update and
re-build the tool chain.

> My first try compiling it with enabled smp and multiprocessing ( --enable-smb --enable-multiprocessing ) was without success.

Using both will not work.  You probably want to use --enable-smp only.

> It gave me linking errors as well when combined with --enable-tests=samples
>
> By using the following configuration compiling RTEMS and samples worked (and I got a hello.exe in testsuits/hello path):
>
> ../rtems-git/configure --target=powerpc-rtems4.11 \
>       --enable-rtemsbsp=qoriq_t4240rdb \

For the T2080RDB board I would use qoriq_t2080rdb.

>       --enable-tests=samples \
>       --enable-cxx \
>       --enable-posix
>       --enable-networking \
>       --enable-rdbg \
>       --prefix=$HOME/development/rtems/bsps/4.11
>

> I used this hello.exe to generate a U-Boot image (load address=4000, start address=4000)
>
> powerpc-rtems4.11-objcopy -Obinary hello.exe hello.bin
> mkimage -A ppc -O rtems -T kernel -C none -a 4000 -e 4000 -n "RTEMS ticker" -d hello.bin rtems_hello.img
>
> Transferred the image rtems_hello.img to my T2080rdb hardware and tried to boot it with "bootm".
>
> U-Boot recognized the image, loaded it, transferred control to the image, but then stopped with no text output.
> I'm using a Debugger that is connected to serial interface on the T2080rdb (with 19200 Baud). Booting Linux on that
> T2080rdb works fine.
>
> So my question is:
> Did I forgot something or is it the BSP for T2080rdb not yet ready for booting on the T2080rdb?

I never tested the U-Boot load. Instead I use a Lauterbach Trace32
startup script.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16