net-snmp using RSB

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Jul 16 23:05:51 UTC 2015

On 17/07/2015 12:54 am, Adit Sahasrabudhe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’m trying to build the net-snmp package for the altera cyclone V
> development kit. I performed the following steps:
>
>  1. Install ARM toolset using RTEMS source
>     builder: ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --log=l-cvdk-local.txt
>     --prefix=/home/dev/development/rtems/4.11 4.11/rtems-arm
>  2. Download RTEMS from git, using master branch (4.11)
>  3. Performed bootstrap, configure, make, make
>     install: ../rtems/configure --target=arm-rtems4.11
>     --enable-rtemsbsp=altcycv_devkit
>     --prefix=/home/dev/development/rtems/4.11
>  4. Successfully built hello_world_c application, so my toolset and BSP
>     are correctly installed.
>  5. Next, I use RTEMS source builder to install
>     SNMP: ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --log=rtems-snmp.log
>     --prefix=/home/dev/development/rtems/4.11/
>     --with-tools=/home/dev/development/rtems/4.11/ --host=arm-rtems4.11
>     --with-rtems-bsp=altcycv_devkit 4.11/net-mgmt/net-snmp

First, thanks for the reporting the problem. I added the package as an
example of building a 3rd party library. I welcome testing and if you
could please report its working status I would appreciate it.

Currently SF is reporting ...

  "We're sorry -- the Sourceforge site is currently in Disaster
   Recovery mode, and currently requires the use of javascript
   to function.  Please check back later."

That site is a mess.

> All of these steps completed without error, but when I look in my BSP
> folder in my RTEMS install, I expected to see a libnetsnmp, but there is
> none. I tried compiling the example application here
> (https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Packages/SNMP), but I get linker errors
> for undefined symbols for all of the variables and functions that are
> supposed to be defined in the library.
>
> Any idea what I may have missed? I wanted to attach my net-snmp build
> log, but the file is too big. Let me know if it might be helpful.

The install prefix the package is using seems wrong. It is putting the
package under the build host under the prefix you provide. I will need
to take a closer to look at how the package installs to see what I can do.

Chris