net-snmp using RSB

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Jul 17 08:07:08 UTC 2015

On 17/07/2015 9:05 am, Chris Johns wrote:

>> Any idea what I may have missed? I wanted to attach my net-snmp build
>> log, but the file is too big. Let me know if it might be helpful.
>
> The install prefix the package is using seems wrong. It is putting the
> package under the build host under the prefix you provide. I will need
> to take a closer to look at how the package installs to see what I can do.

I have a taken a closer look and the issue is a little more complex that
I thought. The NetSNMP build uses --host and --build, which is normal,
however this tripped logic in the RSB which made it think it was a
Canadian cross (Cxc) build so it did not install the package once built.
Cxc builds do not install because the resulting packages are for a
different host and often the prefix used is not writable on the build
host. Fixing NetSNMP broken the Cxc build of the tools. I am working
through the issues and have NetSNMP building and the Cxc is still not
working.

Joel, this needs to be fixed for the branch.

Chris