RTEMS ARMv8 Query

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Feb 25 23:03:42 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 26/02/2016 07:54, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> I posted patches to add the aarch64-rtems target.
>>
>> binutils: https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2016-02/msg00404.html
>> gcc: https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2016-02/msg01754.html
>>
>> FWIW I also cleaned up the x86_64-rtems target addition patches and
>> those were submitted also.
>>
>> BINUTILS: https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2016-02/msg00403.html
>> GCC: https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2016-02/msg01752.html
>>

> Awesome.
>
> Chris.. Assuming these are in the upstream repositories in the next
>> couple of days, how should we address getting these targets in the RSB?
>> Tarball
>> plus patch or just reference git until the next release?
>>

> Any of those are fine. I do not mind what you decide. They are just config
> lines in the RSB.
>
> A gcc snaphots would be less demanding on the upstream git servers. I am
> not sure binutils does snapshots. Newlib has snapshots.
>
> We don't need a new newlib snapshot to add either of these targets.
Although we need to move to the next one for my pthread.h and i386 setjmp
changes.

gcc snapshots are frequent enough where we could wait until the one where
the code is in place.

You are right. binutils doesn't have snapshots so we will have to either
use git or try a patch to add both targets.

--joel