Compiling Without Internet

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Sep 7 23:27:03 UTC 2017

On 06/09/2017 07:21, Jacob Saina wrote:
> Seems to fail in the same place. Log attached.

Have you tried
https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/4.11/4.11.2/rtems-source-builder-4.11.2.tar.xz?
The release scripts handle the special case of git repos.

It is not clear to me what the use case and requirements are.

Should:

1. A user be able to use the RSB direct from a git clone and then disconnect the
internet? If you have the internet to maintain a clone is it reasonable to
assume you will have a connection to download the sources?

2. A user be able to create a snapshot from a git repo complete with sources and
patches? If the RSB is taught to make a snapshot a user can then deploy any
version of the RSB locally as a project or company maintained version.

If we can determine and agree on the requirements a ticket can be raised on the
4.11 release branch.

Chris