Compiling Without Internet

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Sep 8 04:17:22 UTC 2017

On 08/09/2017 13:20, Jacob Saina wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> The use case is: On a machine with no Internet access, we should be able to
> modify the BSP and applications and rebuild.
>
> My goal was to do (2) for the sake of having a known, frozen version of RSB; but
> ultimately I can buld RSB while I have Internet, and I should never have to
> rebuild it, correct? I was able to do that, and build kernel/bsp and
> applications without a network connection today.

You can pass the sb-set-builder command --bset-tar-file and it will create a
binary tarball. See
https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/rsb/commands.html#set-builder-sb-set-builder
for details.

> I haven't tried the tarball, only checked out tags/branches from the git repo.
> Will the tarball build RSB without the need for Internet access?

After you have run the download command from earlier in this thread, yes it
should. Any git source is packaged as a tarball and is available under the
release and the RSB knows this:

https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/4.11/4.11.2/sources/

Have a look in the VERSION file in the top of the released RSB tarball.

A release must live forever and we cannot be certain any referenced places will
exist forever so we capture the packages and place here.

Chris