GSoC'18-Introduction

Udit agarwal dev.madaari at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 11:24:41 UTC 2018

Hi,
Sorry for late reply, i am having my mid term examinations ongoing.

So as of now, I'm having following two short term tasks:
      *Adding a check on targets that needs FDT , and then raising an
error/warning rather then a crash if missing FDT
      *Implementation of getentropy() on BBB

For the first task, i did debug a bit and found that in case of missing
FDT, during kernel memory initialization i.e during mi_startup()(here
<https://github.com/RTEMS/rtems-libbsd/blob/3c967ca2388b57d828f16e8b55ec6ccb34824a18/freebsd/sys/kern/init_main.c>),
after few iterations the call function (On line 306) raises a
RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_EXCEPTION error which as described here
<http://rtems-devel.rtems.narkive.com/zeHkcKMr/how-memory-access-violation-should-be-handled>
occurs during memory access violation. So, wrapping it with a different an
exception handler, might allow us raise a more specific error regarding
missing FDT blob. Do let me know if i'm on a right track! Here
<https://gist.github.com/madaari/c6d524bc06e896359f9535d90c0a447a> are the
update logs. I have wrapped the the mi_startup with multiple printfs for
debugging, that makes it a bit clumsy but i guess i need to stick to it
before getting my Jlink segger EDU, probably in few days :0.

For getentropy(), It looks like FreeBSD uses another similar sys call
read_random as described here
<https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=random&sektion=4>. getentropy()
<https://man.openbsd.org/getentropy.2> seems to be a part of OpenBSD.

Implementing and Benchmarking SDIO driver seems to be a great project for
GSoC, but as per its current status (here <https://wiki.freebsd.org/SDIO>)
, it's partially developed.(the webpage seems to be a bit outdated, i'll
confirm from their maintainers). Till then i'll study more about it's
implementation.
Thank you mentors for your continuous help.

Regards,
Udit agarwal