[IO (file descriptors) Multiplexing]

André Abelha andreabelha at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:14:56 UTC 2018

 Hi there,
Probably this was already discussed here somehow, but the mail list is very
extensive, and I couldn't find any help.
I'm trying to do some logging system based on stdio file descriptors
redirection. At some extent I could do this, however, some how I couldn't
filter out the shell IO. I then wrote a pty device based on pty telnet
source, but using unnamed pipes instead. Now I am facing a problem of how
can I read multiple file descriptors in a single thread. POSIX
*select* directive
is based on sockets and *poll *seems to be not implemented. I'm very new
with RTEMS and there's a lot of functionalities I don't know yet, so, does
RTEMS Classic API provides some IO multiplexing like POSIX does? Or, since
I believe this is a very common utility, is there another way of doing this?

Best regards,
*André Abelha*
*andreabelha at gmail.com <andre.abelha at tekever.com>*

Sem