rtems_message_queue_receive / rtems_event_receive issues

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Sep 26 07:53:54 UTC 2018

On 26/09/2018 16:43, Catalin Demergian wrote:
> When you say "changing the makefiles" who's makefiles are these?
> -> for example lib/rtems-4.11.2/c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/stm32f7/Makefile.am
> in order to include my USB .c and .h files

Thanks.

> Did you merge your code into the RTEMS
> source tree?
> -> yes, there was no support for USB in the code base I had

Sure and thanks.

RTEMS is statically linked so object files built as part of RTEMS or files build
as part of your code are equivalent.

I will often create a small application to test new drivers or a new feature for
RTEMS that do not touch the core RTEMS kernel code. I do this because the build
is simpler and faster than rebuilding RTEMS on each edit. This means updating
RTEMS is easy and the code I have is not effected.

> Do you have a JTAG debugger that can set breakpoints and step at the instruction
> level?
> -> yes

Are you able to catch the interrupt, confirm the event is being raised and the
interrupt exits via the RTEMS exit path?

Chris