device-tree example for altera-cyclone-v bsp

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Feb 18 08:17:21 UTC 2019

Hello Christian,

I added some basic BSP documentation:

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/bsps/bsps-arm.html#altera-cyclone-v

On 14/02/2019 13:54, Christian Spindeldreier wrote:

> we had to change the BSP_ARM_A9MPCORE_PERIPHCLK frequency to 100 MHz
> as this is the frequency the L4 MP clock is set by Qsys or the SPL,
> respectively. This meant adding a second board to the altera-cyclone-v
> bsp differing only by this configuration option. Adapting the
> configuration as described enabled the upstream RTEMS-5 version to
> boot on the Terasic-DE10 Standard Board
> (http://de10-standard.terasic.com).

I changed the BSP initialization to use the device tree for this clock:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/commit/?id=af80b0a3406bef73dc6550421947a981c939da27

It would be nice if you could test this. Please remove the
"BSP_ARM_A9MPCORE_PERIPHCLK=100000000" from the configure command line.

> U-Boot itself contains a device-tree of the board it is running on,
> but i missed the u-boot command handing over the u-boot device-tree to
> rtems which expects the device-tree address in R6 on startup. If there
> is anything like this i am pleased on any information on it.

The device tree provided by U-Boot is in r2.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09