Creating older RTEMS5 tools

Ian Caddy ianc at goanna.iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 11 06:59:42 UTC 2019

Hi All,

We have progressed with our RTEMS5 project using the imx6ULL, and are
getting closer to completing it, but we have been using linux tools
since around July18 and now need to create msys2 tools for our customer.

I have created the tools on msys2 around mid-december as they needed gdb
earlier, and am only finally getting around to testing the rest of the
tools, building our snapshot of RTEMS5 and libbsd.

There have been some changes in the tools between July to December, and
I had to do a small tweak to get our snapshot of RTEMS 5 working.

Then I tried to build our July snapshot of libbsd, but this has proven
to be a lot more difficult.  I then tried the latest libbsd and am
facing different but similar build issues.  Things like <poll.h> need to
be <sys/poll.h> and things like that.  Even then this is the standard
libbsd and not our custom version which will then need to be put together.

So, I am wondering if it is possible to use the rtems-source-builder to
build a particular version of the tools (for example from July 18) that
we have been using on linux.

I have the source-builder logs from that time if anyone is interested,
or a nudge in the correct direction(I don't know much about
source-builder as it normally works straight out of the box!!), to get
this sorted?

regards,

Ian Caddy