[altcycv_devkit] Access to FPGA Fabric via HPS2FPGA Bridge

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Mar 29 12:28:35 UTC 2019

Hello,

On 29/03/2019 12:57, Christian Spindeldreier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently we experimenting with the RTEMS-5 on a Cylcone V SoC-FPGA
> using the altcycv_devkit BSP. Now we are trying to access a simple
> hardware module connected to the HPS2FPGA Bridge via an AXI
> interconnect. Our approach of simply write data to the corresponding
> address or using the 'alt_write_word()' function which basically does
> the same, results in a system crash, so i guess we are missing something.

for this platform please use the RTEMS master and not RTEMS 4.11 or
something like that. You should first get more information about the
system crash. I would install a custom fatal error handler which prints
out the termination reason, see also rtems_exception_frame_print(). With
it you can get the exception reason and the program counter.

I guess, the MMU is not set up to allow an access to this region:

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09