Can someone recommend a Quick Start that "just works"?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Nov 20 22:46:49 UTC 2019

On 21/11/19 5:44 am, Charles Manning wrote:
> 2) Fleshing out https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/start/app.html with
> a brief compile and run example.

This is an important and missing section and thank you for raising it.

It has been on a number of TODO lists for a while now and we have not made any
head way. The hard part is how to get the values out of RTEMS you need to make
sure your application's machine flags (ABI) matches your RTEMS BSP and then how
to do this in a way you can use your preferred build system. Another factor is
Sebastian's major task he is working on which is to move building RTEMS to a new
build system, it will effect how the BSP machine flags are exported from RTEMS.

I suppose we could add the most basic approach for a stand alone Makefile.

Chris