external flash partitions

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Oct 15 05:56:50 UTC 2019

On 14/10/2019 19:07, Kent Dorfman wrote:
> this is of concern for me as well.  there is conflicting information on
> the web as to whether qspi flash can support filesystem layout or if it
> must be handled as discrete pages of mapped memory.  i would like jffs2
> on the zynq qspi flash in my board but not seeing any good info about
> making it work.

You can use JFFS2 on anything which supports programming (writing) at
byte granularity and page erases. The pages must have a uniform size.
You have to provide three handlers to access your flash during the JFFS2
mount. For an example see:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/testsuites/fstests/jffs2_support/fs_support.c

https://docs.rtems.org/doxygen/branches/master/group__JFFS2.html

--