installing Doorstop on macOS (for RTEMS use)

Stanislav Pankevich s.pankevich at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 13:57:34 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

Maybe I am too late to join this discussion but as far as I followed
this thread, no one has mentioned using https://github.com/pyenv/pyenv
to install Python 3 and its dependencies on macOS.

Actually, I try to avoid using any of the Ruby, Python or Node system
installations provided by Apple. Instead, I use pyenv for Python and
similar projects for other languages.

Given that you have a folder where you want to have Python 3
available, you simply put a .python-version file with the Python
version you need. After that, you can install and use the needed
Python 3 version provided to you by pyenv.

Hope this is useful.

Stanislav