AW: rtems-test with serial device and run.cfg

Jan.Sommer at dlr.de Jan.Sommer at dlr.de
Wed Apr 8 14:47:38 UTC 2020

It does. Thank you very much.
I was reading here yesterday: https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/testing/configuration.html#bsp-and-user-configuration
The explanation for "bsp_tty_dev" sounded like you can pass a tty-device directly.
I even clicked on the consoles link, but the first few paragraphs were just explaining what a serial interface is, so I lost interest and missed the important part :-/.

> > In my ini-file I used
> >
> > bsp_tty_dev        = /dev/ttyUSB2
> > tester                   = %{_rtscripts}/run.cfg
> > bsp_run_cmd        = i386-run
> > target_off_command = i386-stop
> >
> > We have a custom command which prepares the target device.
> > The device is connected to the development machine (running Linux) via a
> serial connection.
>
> Great. I suggest you run `set2net` as documented and have it convert the
> tty to TCP.

Yes. It works now very nicely.
I will send a patch with the small addition I had to make.

Cheers,

   Jan