RTEMS 5 Quick Start section 2.7 question

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Apr 14 00:46:05 UTC 2020

On 13/4/20 3:43 am, Anders Montonen wrote:
> I’ve been trying out the RTEMS 5 Quick Start (version 5.ea4c098), and everything worked exactly as written until section 2.7, Test a Board Support Package.

Great.

> Am I correct in that if you followed the RSB BSP build path in section 2.6, the tests are built and run automatically,

The tests are built if you have `--with-rtems-tests=yes` on your command
line but the built tests not automatically run.

> and that the commands in section 2.7 should/can be run only if you built the BSP manually? If that is the case, then maybe a paragraph to that effect could be added to 2.7?

The tests can be built with an RSB BSP build option or manually with a
configure option. If you have an option present but the tests are not
being built then it is a bug.

> There’s also a minor typo in section 2.8: The example text when downloading Waf is making the file writable (chmod +w), and not executable (chmod +x).

Oh thanks. I have pushed a fix ...

https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/vc/2020-April/033848.html

Chris