Interested in contributing to Beaglebone BSP

James Fitzsimons james.fitzsimons at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 11:13:06 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I'm interested in contributing to the BeagleBone BSP by adding drivers for
some of the missing features. I am working on a robotics project using the
BeagleBoneBlack wireless and becoming frustrated by Linux. I would love to
be able to use RTEMS, which I have dabbled with a bit in the past.

I am interested in adding support for the eQEP (Enhanced Quadrature Encoder
Pulse Module) which I am using to decode the quadrature encoders on my
motors.

I will eventually also need support for the ADC, PRU (I see some work has
already been done on that by a GSoC project), and ideally the TI WiLink 8
WL1835MOD wireless chipset - although I realise that might be extremely
difficult.

Are drivers for these features something that would be welcome in the BBB
BSP, and if so any tips for getting started?

Cheers,
James Fitzsimons