source-builder want to add CFLAG

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Apr 26 23:23:53 UTC 2020

On 25/4/20 3:02 am, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 9:40 AM Heinz Junkes <junkes at fhi-berlin.mpg.de> wrote:
>>
>> Great, thanks. Now I have a new error, but the setting of CFLAG worked.
>> I had always done "something" wrong and then didn't even look at the examples anymore.
>> Danke Heinz
>>
> Bitte. The documentation here is a bit challenging yet. If you find
> anything useful out, please share.

Adding examples of how to solve specific problems would be welcome in
the documentation. This is a difficult area to document because every
package has some subtle differences.

> If you think it makes sense, maybe
> adding a way to pass some customization flags through the RSB command
> line might make sense. Would have to discuss that with Chris.

Optional settings for a package are fine however for things that are
essential to building the package the config file should contain the
needed set up. The --with-* and --without-* options are not validated
and can be used to pass specific settings but I suggest you translate
them rather than directly passing in settings. For example the RTEMS BSP
builder uses `--with-rtems-bsp=bsp`, `--with-rtems-legacy-network`, etc.
Again this depends on the package being built.

Chris