RTEMS 5.1 RC2 Available

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Aug 25 00:30:21 UTC 2020

On 25/8/20 8:16 am, Karel Gardas wrote:
> On 8/14/20 11:19 PM, Chris Johns wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> RTEMS 5.1 RC2 is available for testing. You can find the release at:
>>
>>   https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/rc/5.1-rc2
>>
>> Please report your successes or problems here.
>
> Playing with various ppc bsps and also with i386/pc686 bsp build using
> rsb.

Many thanks for the testing and the feedback.

> On pc686, I see those failures:
>

> Passed:        559
> Failed:          6
> User Input:      6
> Expected Fail:   0
> Indeterminate:   0
> Benchmark:       3
> Timeout:        14
> Invalid:         5
> Wrong Version:   0
> Wrong Build:     0
> Wrong Tools:     0
> ------------------
> Total:         593
> Failures:
>  dl06.exe
>  psx12.exe
>  psxfenv01.exe
>  spfatal30.exe
>  sptimecounter02.exe
>  tmcontext01.exe

I am not sure if they are expected but are not tagged as expected. To be tagged
there is needs to be a ticket. The list seems OK.

> User Input:
>  capture.exe
>  dl10.exe
>  fileio.exe
>  monitor.exe
>  termios.exe
>  top.exe
> Benchmark:
>  dhrystone.exe
>  linpack.exe
>  whetstone.exe
> Timeouts:
>  cdtest.exe
>  cxx_iostream.exe
>  dl05.exe
>  psxintrcritical01.exe
>  spfatal26.exe
>  spintrcritical06.exe
>  spintrcritical07.exe
>  spintrcritical11.exe
>  spintrcritical12.exe
>  spintrcritical13.exe
>  spintrcritical14.exe
>  spintrcritical15.exe
>  spintrcritical18.exe
>  spintrcritical24.exe
> Invalid:
>  spfatal09.exe
>  spfatal12.exe
>  spinternalerror01.exe
>  spstkalloc02.exe
>  sptimecounter01.exe
> Average test time: 0:00:00.765811
> Testing time     : 0:07:34.125646
>

> this is when using Qemu 4.1 as build by rsb and test started with:
>
> $ rtems-test --rtems-bsp=pc-qemu --rtems-tools=$HOME/sfw/rtems/51rc2/
> $HOME/sfw/rtems/51rc2/i386-rtems5/pc686/tests/

Nice.

> So far no luck with ppc on qemu.
>
> BTW: RTEMS docs looks fantastics, although still a bit outdated by
> refering to RTEMS 4.x on some places -- mostly after quick start
> paragraph.

It would help if you could send in a patch or even create a ticket for the 5.2
milestone and list the issue. Every little bit of directed help and feedback
really makes a difference.

I can send instructions on creating a patch if you would like to try that. To
create a ticket head to https://devel.rtems.org/ and click on the 5 Create Bug
link in the releases box near the top.

> Also is there any reason pcx86 BSP is not documented at all?

We need someone to create and add the documentation for the PC BSP. It is not
hard but it is important. The README in the BSP could be filtered, updated and
moved into the doco.

> Looks a bit pity as it's probably most available hardware -- still...

Yes I agree. Your assistance could help change that.

Thanks
Chris