Someone using CONFIGURE_HAS_OWN_INIT_TASK_TABLE?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Feb 13 15:37:58 UTC 2020

Hello,

I would like to revisit this configuration clean up opportunity:

On 09/04/2019 14:55, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 09/04/2019 14:50, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 9, 2019, 2:08 AM Sebastian Huber
>> <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
>> <mailto:sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hello,
>>
>>     is the CONFIGURE_HAS_OWN_INIT_TASK_TABLE actually used in
>> application
>>     configurations?
>>

>> After sending that last email, this one is more likely to be used
>> than any of the others.
>>
>> Not responding to an email on the list doesn't mean it isn't used.
>>
>> If this option is deleted, the comparable POSIX one must go. then you
>> get a single init task of one or both APIs.
>
> This one actually doesn't cause great pain to me at the moment. I just
> wanted to know if it actually used. Removing it would simplify things
> a bit, but not much.

The CONFIGURE_HAS_OWN_INIT_TASK_TABLE and
CONFIGURE_POSIX_HAS_OWN_INIT_THREAD_TABLE are the last *_HAS_OWN_*
configuration options. I would like to remove them to simplify the
configuration. It would be possible to keep them and still simplify the
configuration, however, I doubt that these options were used at all.

Any objections to remove them?