sptest SP06 strange behaviour

Michele Dekleva michele.dekleva at m3t.it
Tue Mar 24 19:01:30 UTC 2020

I'm porting RTEMS to a new ARM target (Microsemi M2Sxxx FPGA based Cortex
M3).

I'm executing the SPTEST tests to validate the BSP.

There are strange behavior on some tests; for example:

.             Test SP02 fails when the third task is trying to be created:
the return code say TOO_MANY; in fact the constant CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS
(in system.h) is set to 4, but at this point there are just 4 tasks created;
if I change the constant to 5 than the test will complete correctly.

.             Test SP06 fails because Task1 try to restart Task3 but Task3
has just remove itself on its first run and hence is no more present in the
tasks list. I really don't know If this is a BSP problem or an unwanted
beahviour.

Are these test verified with other ARM/Cortex M3 architectures ?

Best Regards.

Dr. Michele Dekleva

M3T