Interested in contributing to Beaglebone BSP

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue May 5 04:38:42 UTC 2020

On 4/5/20 12:50 am, Vijay Kumar Banerjee wrote:
> On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 8:12 PM Christian Mauderer <oss at c-mauderer.de
> <mailto:oss at c-mauderer.de>> wrote:
>
>     I don't think that would be a good idea before the release. After the
>     release we should work on a 1.6 build set.

What about 5.2? :)

>     The 1.6 only needs libyaml
>     (or libjson?) which is no default package on FreeBSD. So we need a
>     solution for that on FreeBSD hosts.
>
> I didn't test it with FreeBSD. Yes, after the release we can make a best
> for 1.6.0 and mention libjson/libyaml as a dependency. We'll just have
> to figure out a way to check from RSB if the package is present, I hope
> we'll find some example in the repo already.

GDB and Python is a example. It is complicated so I hope it provides a
suitable example....

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/source-builder/config/gdb-common-1.cfg#n70

The `rtems-build-dep` script may help.

In the bare devel/qemu build set there are checks against pkgconfig and
if a library is not found on the host it is built for you.

I hope this helps.

Chris