When to register termios devices?

Jan.Sommer at dlr.de Jan.Sommer at dlr.de
Mon Nov 2 20:26:12 UTC 2020

Hello,

I try to register several termios devices in a custom BSP (based on RTEMS 5.1).
I tried to do this in the bsp_start function, but this fails.
My guess is, that it is because too early in the system initialization as the rtems_filesystem_umask is set, so that no device nodes can be added by rtems_termios_device_install.
What would be the right time to do that?
Also, I tried to register my driver initialization function using RTEMS_SYSINIT_ITEM, in several phases, but it seems that the function is never linked into the final binary.
Is there some trick I need to know to make this work?:
RTEMS_SYSINIT_ITEM(
    register_additional_termios,
    RTEMS_SYSINIT_DEVICE_DRIVERS,
    RTEMS_SYSINIT_ORDER_LAST_BUT_5
);

It works if I register the additional termios devices in the init task, but I would like to have this added directly in the BSP, not in the user application.

Best regards,

    Jan

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e. V. (DLR)
German Aerospace Center
Institute for Software Technology | Software for Space Systems and Interactive Visualization | Lilienthalplatz 7 | 38108 Braunschweig | Germany

Jan Sommer
Telephone +49 531 295-2494 | Telefax 0531 295-2767 | jan.sommer at dlr.de<mailto:jan.sommer at dlr.de>
DLR.de/SC<http://www.dlr.de/sc>