How to run RISC-V test applications using qemu?

Jan.Sommer at dlr.de Jan.Sommer at dlr.de
Wed Nov 25 13:41:42 UTC 2020

Hello,

I tried to experiment a bit with the riscv BSPs.
I could run them using the SIS simulator, but failed with qemu.
Regarding qemu I found this ticket:
https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3608

In one mailinglist thread (from 2018) someone said it worked with a current master version of qemu.
I have compiled qemu-5.1 and qemu-5.2-rc2. Does anyone know if those version have the necessary patches included?

Then another source of error could be the command line parameters I used:
qemu-system-riscv32 -nographic -machine virt -m 2G -bios none -nographic -net none -serial stdio -monitor none -kernel ticker.exe

Does someone have an example for a working set of command line options?

Best regards,

    Jan

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e. V. (DLR)
German Aerospace Center
Institute for Software Technology | Software for Space Systems and Interactive Visualization | Lilienthalplatz 7 | 38108 Braunschweig | Germany

Jan Sommer