RTEMS 5 ARM gdb missing python support? Am I building it wrong?

Isaac Gutekunst isaac at isaac.cc
Thu Mar 4 18:54:40 UTC 2021

Hi Folks,

It's been a while, but I'm back at using RTEMS again, which makes today a good day!

What's not so good is when I compile the RTEMES 5 tools, using

     ../source-builder/sb-set-builder 5/rtems-arm

I get a gdb that seems to be missing the python components. I see exceptions like the following after almost every command:

    Python Exception <type 'exceptions.NameError'> Installation error: gdb._execute_unwinders function is missing:

Any ideas what could be causing this? Is this the correct way to build the tools in the first place? I'm targeting the TMS570 at the moment.

Isaac