RTEMS SMP does not work on Xilinx ZynqMP

amir taghavi a.taghavi74 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 07:08:09 UTC 2021

Hello all,

I ran RTEMS v5 on Xilinx ZCU102 leveraging ZynqMP BSP, without enabling SMP
everything worked just fine but when I enabled SMP neither of the cores
started except core 0.

I’ve looked for the problem in the RTEMS source code and I reached
bsp_start_hook_0() function.

I think the problem is that the arm_a9mpcore_start_hook_0() function which
is responsible for changing the state of cores to up_state is not called in
bsp_start_hook_0() function in ZynqMP BSP despite of Zynq BSP.

Is this the explanation to this problem or something else is wrong?  Any
help would be appreciated.

Best regards

Amirhossein