RTEMS for RED-V board

Pierre FICHEUX pierre.ficheux at smile.fr
Fri May 14 14:03:07 UTC 2021

Hi,

I've just bought a RED-V board (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15594)
based on a SiFive FE310 SoC.  I've successfully tested a bare-metal (with
FreedomStudio) and a Zephyr program on it. When connecting the board to USB
a folder appears and you just have to copy a .hex file to flash the board
:-)

I've tried RTEMS (5.1) with frdme310arty BSP (contributed by Pragnesh Patel
from SiFive) but it looks like the hex file is not recognized. I've created
the hex file with "riscv-rtems5-objcopy -O ihex helloworld.exe
helloworld.hex".

I know the boards are different as both are supported by FreedomStudio and
there are some differences in the dts files (freedom-e310-arty
vs sifive-hifive1-revb BSP).

Any idea ?

thx by advance

Pierre FICHEUX -/- CTO Smile ECS, France -\- pierre.ficheux at smile.fr
                             http://www.smile.fr
                             https://smile.eu/fr/offres/embarque-iot
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code