RTEMS for RED-V board

Lou Woods Lou.Woods at OARcorp.com
Fri May 14 15:51:15 UTC 2021

Hello Pierre,

I used this repo and procedure ( https://github.com/pragnesh26992/rtems/blob/master/README-frdme310arty.md ) a couple years ago to build RTEMS for the Arty and things may have changed.  I don't know much about the RED-V board, but it might be worth investigating the need for a bootloader.hex file for the board.  I think, at least on the Arty, RTEMS relies on the bootloader and dtb to be set up the environment before taking over.  I don't know if the bootloader Pragnesh provided is compatible with your board or not, but it is probably worth looking into.
[https://opengraph.githubassets.com/959a54098401edaa6063e8ed7512c0439b190810783410b3eb2544c8b025e490/pragnesh26992/rtems]<https://github.com/pragnesh26992/rtems/blob/master/README-frdme310arty.md>
pragnesh26992/rtems<https://github.com/pragnesh26992/rtems/blob/master/README-frdme310arty.md>
RTEMS for RISC-V SoC. Contribute to pragnesh26992/rtems development by creating an account on GitHub.
github.com
Best regards,
Lou Woods

________________________________
From: users <users-bounces at rtems.org> on behalf of Pierre FICHEUX <pierre.ficheux at smile.fr>
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2021 9:03 AM
To: rtems-users at rtems.org <users at rtems.org>
Subject: RTEMS for RED-V board

Hi,

I've just bought a RED-V board (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15594) based on a SiFive FE310 SoC.  I've successfully tested a bare-metal (with FreedomStudio) and a Zephyr program on it. When connecting the board to USB a folder appears and you just have to copy a .hex file to flash the board :-)

I've tried RTEMS (5.1) with frdme310arty BSP (contributed by Pragnesh Patel from SiFive) but it looks like the hex file is not recognized. I've created the hex file with "riscv-rtems5-objcopy -O ihex helloworld.exe helloworld.hex".

I know the boards are different as both are supported by FreedomStudio and there are some differences in the dts files (freedom-e310-arty vs sifive-hifive1-revb BSP).

Any idea ?

thx by advance

--

Pierre FICHEUX -/- CTO Smile ECS, France -\- pierre.ficheux at smile.fr<mailto:pierre.ficheux at smile.fr>