Error in building rtems 5.3 tools via mingw

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Mar 17 17:17:16 UTC 2023

On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 10:22 AM Giovanni Righi <righiqwe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good afternoon,
> I'm trying to build the rtems 5.3 tools in windows using mingw, but I'm
> getting an error during the gdb build.
> I'm attaching the logs so you can see what's going on.

The error looks like this gdb is using a feature which is considered
deprecated by the late model gcc in your mingw.

=============
In file included from ../../gdb-9.1/gdb/corelow.c:25:

../../gdb-9.1/gdb/inferior.h: In member function 'void
infcall_suspend_state_deleter::operator()(infcall_suspend_state*) const':

../../gdb-9.1/gdb/inferior.h:80:38: warning: 'bool
std::uncaught_exception()' is deprecated: use 'std::uncaught_exceptions()'
instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]

   80 |         if (!std::uncaught_exception ())

I see two options since I don't think using an older compiler version is
likely possible.

(1) Change the RSB file which has the gdb configure command to ensure it
disables werror.

(2) Update the version of gdb in the RSB. You can probably just copy the
gdb-12 cfg file from the master and bump to that.

Both require a minor level of digging into rtems-source-builder/rtems/config

--joel