GSoC Contributor Introduction: Integrating Renode to RTEMS

Muhammad Sulthan Mazaya msulthanmazaya at gmail.com
Wed May 10 09:06:23 UTC 2023

Hi everyone,

My name is Mazaya, I am one of the Google Summer of Code contributors for
this summer. I will be working on integrating the renode.io simulator into
RTEMS. Renode (http://renode.io/) is an open source software development
framework with commercial support from Antmicro that lets you develop,
debug and test multi-node device systems for System on Chips (SoC) and
Internet of Things (IoT) devices. To learn more about my project, you can
go to the RTEMS wiki where you can access my proposal (
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/2023) or you can see it from the GSoC
website (https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/programs/2023/projects/bQeiZzHB
).

I hope to accomplish the following things this summer:
1. document running RTEMS/leon3 on renode (including networking and
debugging)
2. provide at least a basic resc script for other RTEMS bsps that can run
on renode
3. provide a build and install recipe for Renode in the RTEMS source builder
4. potentially figure out how to run the RTEMS test suite on the
renode-test framework

I will document the contribution in the RTEMS wiki (
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/2023/add-support-for-renode-simulator)
and my personal website blog (https://www.mazaya.id/blogs?tag=GSoC). I am
truly looking forward to contributing to the RTEMS community. Hopefully,
the things that I eventually achieve this summer will be useful for the
community.