Announce: rtems-central.git

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jul 27 11:58:11 UTC 2020

Hello Chris,

thanks for adding this stuff to the set of RTEMS Project repositories. I
hope it will be a useful tool to maintain RTEMS in the future. There is
still a lot of work ahead. In particular, I am a bit behind in terms of
documentation.

I concentrate currently on the Event Manager as a role model for the
specification, design, implementation, and validation of an RTEMS
component. The patch set for the RTEMS Test Framework last week is
related to this. Afterwards my goal is to document the work flow in the
how-to section:

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/eng/req/howto.html

The application configuration options are fully specified and this
specification is already used to generate the corresponding RTEMS
Classic API Guide content, for example:

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/config/general.html

I will work on a detailed how-to for adding and maintaining application
configuration options. This is related to a pending patch set:

https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2020-July/060495.html

https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2020-July/060493.html