network trouble on 68360 (ACE360/HSB)

Eric Norum eric.norum at usask.ca
Wed Aug 29 22:39:55 UTC 2001

Joe Novosel wrote:

> Hello,
> I have recently started working with RTEMS (personal use).
> I am using an ACE360/HSB board.
> Here's my trouble:
> I'm attempting to use the 4.5.0 release.  (Redhat 7.1 and pd bdm interface
> with gdb 5.0)
> I can get everything working fine except I can't TRANSMIT ethernet packets.
> I can recieve just fine since MAC addresses are being learned (see below)
>
> I get "carrier sense lost" and the packet is thrown away.
> I have compiled RTEMS with and without support for the Atlas HSB.

Hmmmmm...
Check that the network driver is configuring the correct pins for the
68360/MAC adapter signals.   Make sure they're all right -- including
the transmit and receive clocks.
The 68360 is capable only of half-duplex ethernet operation.  Could it
be that something you're connecting it to is trying to do full-duplex
transfers?
Eric Norum                                 eric.norum at usask.ca
Department of Electrical Engineering       Phone: (306) 966-5394
University of Saskatchewan                 FAX:   (306) 966-5407
Saskatoon, Canada.