Anybody using Windows 98 for RTEMS GNU tools?

Kirk Bateman kirk.bateman at esgem.com
Thu Aug 30 08:38:59 UTC 2001

I've been doing some rtems development for some months now ...

My machine is a win98 pc, and EVERYONE I spoke to when I started suggested
putting linux on it instead :-)

However what we actually do is ... we have a linux pc on the network and we
just use telnet to administer and rebuild the rtems tree on the linux
machine,
and then use an rlogin client to run commands for compiling bits of the
tree, we then use a win98 hosted BDM debugger and just grab the executable
file from a samba share on the linux machine.

It seems to work perfectly so far... (and I agree that the linux compilation
is MUCH faster, and less hassle at the end of the day)

Kirk

news:OF76833E8D.C229BCC6-ON42256AB7.002A999E at spx.com...