compile error in dwmac-desc-enh.c

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Aug 6 19:39:21 UTC 2014

On 8/6/2014 2:24 PM, Michael Davidsaver wrote:
> On 08/06/2014 03:14 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> How recent is your toolset? __DEVOLATILE is defined in <sys/cdefs.h>. I
>> know it
>> wasn't defined in some of the older newlibs.
>
> Ah, you caught me!  I just finished building the 4.11 tools for the
> first time.  So I'm probably doing something wrong.
>
> I should have the latest: gcc 4.8.2 (patch 20140210) with newlib 1.20.0
> (20130325).
>
> fresh from:
>
> http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/SOURCES/4.11/
>
> I confess I can't find any mention of __DEVOLATILE() anywhere in the gcc
> or newlib sources.

It was added after newlib 1.20.0. The RTEMS Community worked to get
<sys/cdefs.h>
in newlib math the newest from FreeBSD.

You really want to use the RTEMS Source Builder (RSB). It is a tool
written in Python
that knows the versions, patches, locations, and how to build each
target. It can
also build some simulators and it has an initial attempt at starting to
add building
libraries for a specific BSP.

RSB: http://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/

Documentation is online at:

ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/people/chrisj/source-builder/source-builder.html

It is pretty easy to use.