toolchain versions (was Re: compile error in dwmac-desc-enh.c)

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Aug 6 23:38:31 UTC 2014

On 7/08/2014 7:51 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> On 8/6/2014 4:45 PM, Michael Davidsaver wrote:

>>> We are trying to have better source code management of the patches and
>>> track them
>>> in a distribution format independent manner.  The patches are kept at:
>>>
>>> http://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools in the tools subdirectory.

The RSB is also referencing patches from various project's patchworks
sites directly avoiding the overhead of adding the patch to rtems-tools.

>>> The RSB has the preferred set of patches for each target in a .bset file
>>> for each target
>>> and RTEMS branch. It also describes where to fetch patches. It should be
>>> able to
>>> build binaries on any host.
>> With a little decoding I think I've identified gcc 4.8.2 w/ newlib 2.1.0
>> as the latest based on released versions.  More recent seems to pull in
>> newlib from CVS (which I don't care to package)

Yes newlib is from CVS at a specific date. This is the unfortunate thing
when tracking the development branch. If we are on a CVS date point for
newlin and we release RTEMS we will create a tarball of that source and
ask the newlib to tag the repo for us.

My hope is newlib will remain stable for a while.

> When Chris comes online, he may be able to give you some advice on how to
> extract the source and patch URLs in a way that would be easy to digest.

Currently there is no way to export just the configuration. This is
something I have been wanting to add for a while but never had the need
for or time to do. I think it is important to be able to audit a
configuration easily. Sorry but no promises on when this may get done.

Chris