toolchain versions (was Re: compile error in dwmac-desc-enh.c)

Michael Davidsaver mdavidsaver at bnl.gov
Thu Aug 7 14:53:46 UTC 2014

On 08/06/2014 07:38 PM, Chris Johns wrote:

> The RSB is also referencing patches from various project's patchworks
> sites directly avoiding the overhead of adding the patch to rtems-tools.

I agree that this is convenient in the short term to facilitate
toolchain development.  I hope the long term plan includes mirroring
files not hosted on rtems.org.

> Currently there is no way to export just the configuration. This is
> something I have been wanting to add for a while but never had the need
> for or time to do. I think it is important to be able to audit a
> configuration easily. Sorry but no promises on when this may get done.

I hope I don't need too much hand holding on this.

This morning I've been parsing this configuration:

http://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/rtems/config/tools/rtems-gcc-4.8.2-newlib-2.1.0-1.cfg

Which has led me to:

http://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/source-builder/config/gcc-4.8-1.cfg

http://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/source-builder/config/gcc-common-1.cfg

>From which I extract the following:

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcc/gcc-4.8.2/gcc-4.8.2.tar.bz2

ftp://sourceware.org/pub/newlib/newlib-2.1.0.tar.gz

The newlib link appears to be broken at the moment, but I found a mirror.

ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/newlib/newlib-2.1.0.tar.gz

The only patch referenced is

http://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools/plain/tools/4.11/newlib/newlib-sys-signal-20130532.diff

I find no mention of gcc-4.8.2-rtems4.11-20140210.diff which is present in

http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/SOURCES/4.11/

So my plan would be to fetch gcc-4.8.2.tar.bz2 and newlib-2.1.0.tar.gz.
 I would apply the patches gcc-4.8.2-rtems4.11-20140210.diff and
newlib-sys-signal-20130532.diff.

Does this seem workable?