Using RTEMS on Zynq ultrascale in 32bit mode

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Oct 16 06:01:34 UTC 2018

Hello Arturo,

On 15/10/2018 15:25, Arturo Perez Garcia wrote:
> Hi.
>
> During the last year, we developed a BSP for the r5 processors of the
> zcu102 board. We have tested it extensively on HW. The BSP has been
> developed to run RTEMS in the R5 processors in lockstep mode, hence it
> runs on a single CPU and it doesn't admit SMP. It has been created for
> the last RTEMS release, the 4.11.3.
>
> We have been using it internally in my research group, but now that
> somebody has shown interest in using RTEMS with Zynq Ultrascale+
> devices is the moment for us to share/release it. We would like to add
> it to the RTEMS sources, so some questions appear in my mind?
>
> -Can be the BSP added to the last RTEMS release? Or, must it be
> adapted to the development branch?

new BSPs or variants should be added to the master.

> -Which is the revision procedure that must be done to validate the BSP?

You should run the RTEMS testsuite on the board.

> -Third-party sources are actually included in the BSP? Is this a problem?

It depends on the license of the third-party sources. Ideally, they
should be BSD licensed without an advertising clause. Closed source
licenses or a pure GPL are not acceptable.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09